Friday, October 19, 2007

'Singapore Dreaming' afternoon

Today’s somewhat a family day for me. Decided to take the afternoon off and spend time with my family. So it was movie time for my folks and I decided to screen Singapore Dreaming since it has Hokkien, English and Mandarin dialogues.

Well, watching a movie with folks isn’t easy. Had to check on them from time to time, looking at how they were responding to the movie. It’s almost as if I were the one who produced or directed the movie. Anyway, I am glad it turned out well…my folks were laughing at certain scenes (which is really heartwarming to see) and it is obvious they enjoy the Hokkien dialogue most :)

And there was a particular scene that I was drawn to...the one between Lim Yu Beng’s character and the Chinese national drinking at the hawker center. Can’t remember the exact words exchanged but the Chinese national said something like this to Lim Yu Beng’s character:

"…you give up your dream so that you can work and try to earn more money. While I work and try to earn more money so that I can pursue my dream…"

Mmmm…Singapore dreaming…and mmMMM our dreaming…so which is which?

0 comments: