Saturday, January 19, 2008

Once lost in...

Skaneateles, NY


The bench (alone)
Surrounded by serenity and tranquility










Niagara Falls


What can I say...I couldn't witness the full falls despite going over to Ontario even. But I am contented with the winter sight of it, the wetness of the mist, the appearing and disappearing of rainbows...and brr...







Finger Lakes, NYThis is certainly hibernation...little or no activities are happening (it's a place for summer activities). Even some motels or inns are closed. Left untouched by human activities...you can judge from the snow pile-up on the picnic benches, wooden stairs...it's simply beautiful.

Lancaster County, PA

Experiencing the Amish culture and its heritage...by the way, Auntie Anne's Pretzels originated from here. And here's also where one sees Amish buggies as part of transportation, and not some touristy rides you see in Philly or NYC.




Philadelphia, PA
I was there on Christmas Eve. Almost everything and everywhere was closed. Disappointed? Absolutely not. I had my Philly's cheese steak. Ooo...you've got to try it! It's different from other states...taste much much better.

I had mine at one of those cheese steak stores where one will be warmly greeted by the grease and grilled smell in the air once stepped into the store, and can almost feel the grease on the seats, tables, everywhere...and 'admire' the art vandalism in the restroom (:



Shenandoah Valley, VA
Did I say I was lost in the mountains?














Mormon temple, VA
Experienced the nature, culture, food...so religion has to be one aspect of the journey too (coincidentally!). Visited a Swedish cathedral on Christmas Eve in Philly (because all places were closed), and then a Mormon temple in VA (because the architecture looks quite modern that it doesn't look 'religious' at all). Oh yes, I nearly stepped into the Scientology Church in NYC as well (but it was closed).

0 comments: